Sunday, March 11, 2012

Words. Sort of

I love words.

I complete at least four crossword puzzles every day (which makes me a cruciverbalist).  I play with words in my head, usually creating Spoonerisms.  For the unenlightened, a Spoonerism is when you switch letters or sounds around in adjacent words.  Supposedly there was a minister in England whose last name was Spooner who frequently misspoke like this.  The famous example is when he introduced the "queer dean" instead of the "dear queen."

My brain creates Spoonerisms almost constantly.  I often have to thop and stink so I don't way my sords wrong.  But I also find that I Spoonerize syllables, so instead of "spoonerism" I sometimes think "oonerspism."

I suspect I'll be retoping to this turnic at pome soint, or at pany moints in blis thog.  It's the thay I wink, so it's easy for te mo standunder bry mown ain.

No comments:

Post a Comment