Sunday, February 12, 2012

One down...

One of my "year in preview" predictions was that I would be published in a professional journal. I'm pretty pleased that I was able to accomplish this early in the year.

I frequent the blogs on the Crisis Prevention Institute website, and comment there once in a while. A few weeks ago I got an email from someone at CPI asking me if I was interested in expanding on a blog comment I made, turning that into an article for their printed journal "CPI Forum".

It's hard to keep an article to a word limit. It took me two weeks, writing and editing in my spare time, but I managed to submit something near the end of January. A few days later I got a note back that they loved my article and will be using it in their next Forum.

The cool thing is that I had put getting published down as one of my professional goals at work. I was able to achieve goal this in January, nine months before I have my performance appraisal. Now I'm looking for another place to get published, so I can exceed that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment